Thursday, February 26, 2015

Gradient Scarf


This was such a fun, quick knit. The pattern is Mustardseed by Boo Knits.


I have made lots of her patterns and they are just addictive a joy to knit - surprisingly easy, with enough variety to keep things interesting. Knitting with hand spun always keeps things interesting too.


I spun the yarn with this fibre (that I also dyed) - it is 70% Merino and 30% Silk, Bare Gloss Roving from Knit Picks.


The yarn came out to about a fingering weight. I used just over half of the 85g skein.


It blocked out to be about 1.5m long and .25m wide (about 10"x60") - a nice size for a little scarf. I made it smaller than the pattern by omitting one of the repeats of chart 2.


In this photo you can see that I have to work on my gradient dyeing skills - it is a bit 'stripey', but I like the red edging.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...