Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Brioche Knitting

This weekend all the Craftsy classes were on sale for spring, and of course I bought a few.

I had never heard of brioche knitting, but the class 'Explorations in Brioche Knitting' looked intriguing. Here are my samples -


This is the first sample made with one colour. It makes a nice lofty knit fabric.


This is the two colour sample, and this is where brioche knitting really shines.


The knit columns stand out against the contrasting background, and the back is the reverse colours. The sample also shows "syncopation", where the column colours are reversed.

The Craftsy class was wonderful! The teacher, Nancy Marchant, wrote the book on brioche knitting, and everything in the class was incredibly well explained. Now I just have to spin enough wool to make the two colour scarf from the class.

Thank-you so much for the wonderful response to my Free Motion Tutorial! I hope you are learning something new too.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...