Friday, January 27, 2012

Non-Sewing Week

I took a break from sewing this week and enjoyed some knitting.


I have been knitting "Be Mine" socks from the book "2-at-a-time Socks" by Melissa Morgan-Oakes. The socks have a cable down the front and back that forms a string of hearts.  It is fun to knit something that takes a bit of concentration. The pattern does have a lot of mistakes (the whole book is full of mistakes, something I forgot), but things went better when I downloaded the corrected pattern. Here is the link for corrections for the book if you have it.


I also started a simpler scarf. The pattern is from Ravelry - Fern Lace Scarf if you are a member, from The Craft Pixie. This is a really simple pattern that makes a beautiful design. I am using Maiden Hair yarn from Hand Maiden/Fleece Artist. It is so beautiful and soft, lovely to knit with. I am trying out my set of Addi Click interchangeable needles for the first time - they work really well. I find that knitting with circular needles is easier than with regular, straight needles. I am using size 4.5mm needles, and I cast on 84 stitches - to make the scarf wider than the pattern.

Back to sewing next week - I ordered some black thread to quilt the Granny's Hankie quilt and it came today.


A view of the bird feeder from my bedroom - sometimes they are so noisy.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...