Sunday, May 29, 2011

Quilting

I am still quilting my mother's quilt,


just had to stop because I ran out of thread, hopefully I will get some more tomorrow as I just have a small bit of the outer border to do.

I like how the quilting has turned out. The red diamonds seem to pop out of the quilt because they are not quilted.

The thread that I am using is Presencia (50wt). It is the first time I have used it and it sews beautifully - I have had no problems with breakage.

My only complaint is that the end of the thread is held down with a dot of tape (as seen in the picture), so instead of the thread coming off the spool when it was finished, it pulled and broke the needle, scratched the throat plate on my machine, pulled the threads in the fabric (luckily no hole)! My thread is covered on my machine when I sew, but for the next 3 spools that I finished (they are only 100meter spools) I made sure to pay close attention when I came near the end of the spool.

Around here

we have had more rain and

my oldest built a computer (it has always been his dream).

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...