Thursday, January 27, 2011

Some BOM's

I decided to join in some Block of the Months this year.

The first one is Granny's Hankie from Justquiltin with Denise Russart.

Here is a picture from her website, the blocks are 16" and the quilt will be 102" square.

I am going to make it with batiks.

Last Saturday I drove around to three different fabric stores trying to find fabric for the background and borders (the appliques will be from fat quarters from my stash). I couldn't find anything I liked.
Later on I was looking online and came across Flare Fabrics.
It is a Canadian company that specializes in batiks!! The fabric was cheaper than any batiks I found locally (even at the discount fabric store), I only had to pay one tax (out of province), shipping in Canada is free (January special of free shipping to the U.S.), plus there is a 10% discount on first orders when you sign up for the e-newsletter!!! What a deal!! The fabric came today and it is beautiful, I can't wait to get started!

The second BOM is from the Electric Quilt Blog.

I made January's block today - it was very quick to make - the blocks are only 6" for this one.
There will be a block a month for the whole year and I have no idea what it will look like. I don't normally like to commit to a mystery project but I thought a 6" block a month wouldn't be a big commitment if I don't like it. You don't have to have EQ for this one, the patterns are also PDF's.

Yesterday I bought these shoes-


they are the kind with the balance ball technology for toning your legs. I originally saw them for over $100, but these were under $50 from Costco. I find in the winter that I don't exercise as much as I should, so I thought they would be great to wear when I clean the house (I tend to vacuum a few times a week, and my children already make fun of my quilting gloves, now they think it is funny that I have vacuuming shoes!). I wore them today when I was cleaning and I could really feel it my legs. Now to see if I can sew with them, so I can "exercise" by walking to the ironing/cutting board!

This picture is from yesterday -there are lots more rabbits this year.

The frost was so pretty today -

early this morning

later on in the day.

The weather is also warmer - the rabbits have their ears up.
They really like pineapples, tops and all!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...